- Polish up your skills or broaden them to be qualified for the job you want.
- Monitor you state, city, and county web sites for solicitations (remember, the package will work with Government dollars--solicitaitions must be duly advertised).
- Follow public college websites or visit them to find out what projects they will undertake.
- Check local newspaper public announcement pages.
- Review trade journals to see which companies seek contracts that involve your line of work.
- Follow your local City Council meetings for word on public works projects being undertaken.
- Meet with contractors and vendors NOW to introduce yourself, discuss your qualifications, and submit an application and/or resume.
- Read parts 1 and 2 of this post to find good websites for the position you want and build an online resume.
- Wait until jobs are advertised--by then you will be competing with hundreds of applicants.
- Assume the skills you have now will sufice: grow yourself!
- Rely soley on friends...who knows, they may be out of work soon themselves.
- Not look for a job just becuase you have one--'nuff said.